Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Free!!

Tammy took me to the Dr. yesterday for my post-op exam. He was very encouraging. He said I can drive now and I should be able to go back to work on Monday as long as I don't lift over 10 pounds for the next 4 weeks. That will be really hard because my job is mostly lifting all day, but everyone assures me that they will help me out so I will be to work on Monday morning at 5:30 ready and raring to go. He also told me that I could start walking on the tread mill and around town if I wanted. I just can't do anything that requires using stomach muscles so I got on the tread mill this morning and walked at a measley 2.5 miles an hour for 40 minutes. It's a slow start but I am sooooooo happy to be moving again that I'll take anything I can get. I also was able to do some house cleaning and then drove myself to the school to have lunch with the ladies. They were really swamped so I ended up staying and working for about 2 1/2 hours. (no lifting) It was good to get to see all my little friends at school though I have really missed all those cute little faces. Tonight I have a meeting in Salt Lake for Girls camp. We are going to the Heber Valley camp this year and I am the Stake Asst. camp Director so the meetings will be pretty regular from hear on out I think. I guess I better go get ready I should be leaving in about 10 minutes. I hope every one is happy. Love ya all. Leana

2 comments:

Dawny said...

Congrats on being free. I'm so glad you are on the road to recovery. Don't overdo. Love ya

Annette said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. The best thing I ever did was have that surgery. I never ever regretted it. How come you don't have me on your blog list? I noticed you have Terry, Dawnita, and Nadine. I hope it is just an oversight.