Well the count down to girls camp is on. I have 10 days until we leave. I think everything is actually almost ready. The stake young womens presidency and the lady over the 5th year girls are going to come to the school on Monday and we will make 250 Cinnamon rolls and tye dye our t-shirts . Calvin wasn't going to go with me this year like in the past, he has always found the time to go and help out and I was really going to miss him this year because he hadn't taken the vacation time, but we didn't have enough priesthood signed up to go so being the sweetheart that he is, he talked them in to letting him have the week off so he can come with us. That will only give us 3 Priesthood leaders. Actually I kinda feel sorry for them because thats alot of girls to have to be around for a whole week. Last year all the priesthood got together and established thier own town. It was called Manville and Calvin was the Mayor. Bro. Wall and Bro. Fivas were afraid they wouldn't have manville this year without Calvin so they have told me how greatful they are to have him coming back this year. ( I think they secretly have a lot of fun up there sitting around and drinking thier IBC Rootbeer ) Any way I will be glad to have him there.
WE HAVE GRASSHOPPERS!!!! Yuck, the whole ground moves when we walk out our door. The neighbor accross the street was on the news the other day because he couldn't even walk out his front door. It was totally covered with grasshoppers. We keep sprayiing and nothing seem to kill the little buggers. In the afternoons the west side of our house and shop are just covered with them too. The other day Tammy was over and we walked out back to the storage container, I walked in front to break a trail for her, but I kept hearing her squeal. Then all of a sudden she came running past me and her knees were about hitting her nose because she was lifting up her feet so high. She was freaking out and I got a real good laugh out of it. The grasshoppers are annoying but that day they were entertaining too. Ha Ha. I still laugh just thinking about the sight of Tammy and running past me. On the down side of it all I have lost almost all of my garden because they just devour everthing in their path and the flowers are on their way out too I'm afraid because I only have me and they are millions and they are winning the battle.
I have losts more I could write but I'm afraid I would bore you so I'll stop for today and come back later next week or something. Have a great day everybody. Love ya, :)
Last Post This Year!
13 years ago
2 comments:
Good luck with girl's camp. I'm sure it will be great. The grasshopper thing is gross, I would freak out!
You'll have a good time at girls camp, then you have the rest of the summer to recover,and you can look forward to your family camp at elkhorn.
The grasshopper thing doesn't sound like fun at all!!!! I think Becky wouldn't like it either, she seems to not like bugs of any kind to much.
Post a Comment