Monday, July 13, 2009

It's been a whirlwind

We had a great 4th of July. Becky called and said that her and Mike wanted to come up but they weren't going to be able to so I suggested just meeting them in Fillmore and going on the piute trail for the day. So that's what we did. Tom and Gwen and Tammy and Darin all came with us and it turned out to be a really nice trip. We missed Natalie and Nate though, They had reserved the cabin that his work owns and they were up there. It sounds like they had a terrific time too. We were able to see fillmore's fireworks from the campground so That was neat too. And the kids all had a great big water fight. They were all soaked and laughing . And Nayelli and Zack got to see Bubba. :)

I need to let you all know that I did survive camp and so did Calvin. He worked harder last week at camp than he does at work I think, but he is such a sweetheart for going with me to help out. The girls all just love him to pieces and I think that makes him feel pretty good. Things went way good and I am ready to get started on next year now. They had a challange course with 7 activities that all the girls were supposed to do. After the girls were all done doing them they encouraged the leaders to give some of them a try. So of course I had to try some. I Climbed a 30foot swinging log to a cable that I had to cross holding on to a rope and then I repelled down the other side. I thought that was the scariest thing I had ever done until the girls in a group I was going with (I didn't even really know these girls) decided I should do a trust fall. Well, the trust fall involved 8 girls holding their arms out towards each other and I had to climb to a 4 ft. tall pedistal log. I had to hang my heals over the logs and twist my arms up in front of me and then I had to say "I trust you with my life" and the girls all said "We're here for you sister Jackson" and then I had to promise to keep my arms twisted up in front of me and fall straight as a board. Then the missionary told me to say "Falling" and all the girls yelled out "Fall on" and he told me to fall backwards. It took me a minute but I finally did it screaming all the way. They caught me and I thanked them all for loving me enough to not let me fall. It was pretty scarey , but It had a great meaning and I am very glad I did it.

We got home from girls camp on Friday and then went to Ibapah to play all night on Saturday. We lasted from about 8:15 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. It was a long night and I actually fell asleep while I was playing and Calvin said I was playing all the wrong notes. It was funny I didn't think it was possible to fall asleep while standing and playing. Every one really appreciated us coming though so it was all worth it. We slept for about 3 hours and then calvin drove us home. We did stop in Wendover for breakfast though.

I'm glad to be home now and getting things all back in order. My lawn didn't fare to good with no water for a week and the grasshoppers never let up while we were gone so I don't have any flowers or bushes left in my entire yard. I really just wanted to cry. I hope they won't completely die now. (blasted grasshoppers).

1 comment:

Dawny said...

I'm glad you survived all of the activities in the first 2 weeks of July. Sorry that those grasshoppers got your yard. I did get to see Natalie,Becky, and all your grandchildren, they are real close to being as cute as my grandchildren!!