I just got through reading Dawny's blog and the memories came flooding back and made me realize how much I miss my mommy. Some of my memories are that she used to call me Leana Esther Angel Eyre and when ever any one asked me my name I would repeat that and then say that I was beautiful just like my mommy. I remember the card games even when she didn't feel very good she would have us bring in the deck of cards and play on her bed. One time when we were playing on her bed it broke and she fell under the headboard and got stuck. We had a hard time getting her out of there because we were all laughing sooooo hard. She used to lay down on her bed with me to get me to take a nap and race me to sleep. Of course I would always beat her and then she would get up and leave me there. (I was pretty gullible because I fell for the same trick every time.) For lunch alot of times she would make some eggs and cheese just for her and me because every one else was gone to school and we would eat it right out of the pan. I still love eggs and cheese! The camping trips were the greatest. I remember one time when she went behind a big rock to tinkle and after she got her pants down and got all positioned she realized that she was right by the busy road and all the cars were going right past her. Camping in the old tent trailer was sooooo fun. Remember when we were going back east and it was raining allllll the time, but every time we stopped to set up the tent trailer the rain would stop just long enough for us to get it all set up and then it would start again. I think playing slap Jack when we were camping was always a blast. Even though we all ended up with sore fingers. She used to love to have us comb or brush through her hair. (that's where I got that from) And I used to sit on the couch and shave her legs for her. She was almost always in a good mood and she was the best mom any one could ask for. I love to wear her ring because I always remember her when I do. I love her very much and I really miss her!!!! Happy Birthday Mom!!!!
4 comments:
Well you got me on the verge of tears and laughing at the same time! I'll never forget the time when Grandma and Grandpa came to help us move from Erda to Pinecanyon and we were sitting in the kitchen and I sat on a bucket that had popcorn kernels in it, the lid wasn't on the bucket and well I slid right in and got stuck and Grandma made the comment that I better not fart or I might pop the popcorn. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't get out. :)
It was fun to read your memories, I remember she loved her hair to be brushed. Iremember when I would call to come home from school when I didn't feel well, it seems she was always ironing on the ironrite, and I would end up hanging the clothes on hangers after she would iron them. Thanks for your blog,it's good to hear the memories, she was a super mom.
You guys have such great memories of your Mom and I think she is very proud of all of you. I think you are all like her in a lot of ways and have taken things from her and passed them on to your children.
Leana, you have some swell memories. I remember she would lay on the couch and have me rub her legs for her and I also remember brushing her hair also. Plus she would always beat me at cards and bring me to tears trying to win. She was especially good at canasta. I miss her alot also. Love ya
Post a Comment